Something really worrying and very possibly highly immoral has just come to my attention. And frankly it sickens me!
How would you feel if your children were religiously indoctrinated in the school you send them to?
How would you feel if they were politically indoctrinated, such as the Hitler Youth were in Germany?
Frighteningly something of the sort is being planned by the Better Together campaign.Part Funded through the Back door by the British government!
Following on from a poll of young people published and reported over the weekend where 60% of young people were said to be in favour of NO, and only 20% in favour of a YES vote the Better Together mob have been highly delighted by its findings, even if 20% were undecided, a 40% lead in that age demographic is good news for them.
Although the Scotsman true to form, headlined the NO reposnse at 80% by including the undecided in the NO camp.
However all is apparently not quite how it seems.
Newsnet Scotland did some digging of their own, and asked the pollsters some pertinent questions. The response they got back was interesting.
The poll used random phone calling seemingly, the parent or guardian was asked permission for the pollsters to interview their children.
The numbers of households who they contacted was seemingly incredibly skewed in favour of the anti independence campaign , with 58.3% of the children coming from households who were anti independence and only 17.5% in households who favoured Independence. This bears no relation whatsoever with any other polling done on adult views by the major polling agencies.
Newsnet then went on to report “This survey was funded by the Economic and Social Research Council which is based in Swindon. According to its own website, it receives most of its funding through the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, a department of the UK government.
“Apart from presenting the results themselves, the outcomes of the research will be used to develop teaching materials for schools across Scotland to have materials that are relevant for young people in informing the debate.” the survey report concludes.”
And sure enough…The Daily Record reported that Better Together has pledged to send a teacher resources pack reflecting its message to every school in the country.
The packs, to be delivered over summer, include lesson plans, research materials and a mock debate kit
As a result, Better Together said it will double its youth rep programme to 300 people aged between 16 and 21.
Given that the poll done using funding from a British Government department, that the sample used appears to have been heavily skewed in favour of anti Independence households, and that the results are to be used in an education pack for our children in schools across Scotland. We have to be deeply concerned by these tactics, and indeed the potential impact of peer pressure on our children as a result!
Its not quite the Nazi Youth….but is it any different from the claims made by the British government on the radicalisation of young Muslims in English colleges and communities?